With less than 72 hours before my departure on a journey of a lifetime – Aidslifecycle 2008. I have set myself up for success.
My weeky yoga classes have been canceled (in my absence).
I’ve went through the proper protocol to secure time off from Sports Basement.
In preparation for the Aidslifecycle Event, I’ve completed 6 months of bike rides.
I’ve provided my #1 Fan with the logistics to meet me at the finish line.
I’ve resent the invitation to Oprah Winfrey.
I’ve reviewed my Aidslifecycle Packing list.
And in five more minutes, I will have reserved a return flight from Los Angeles.
Yet the “little man in my head” begins to speak . .. And if I listen to him, I could become afraid – afraid of something that’s coming and/or afraid of something that could happen. Yet instead, I will simply maintain a state of pratyahara and remain in the present moment.
On 01 June 2008, AT 6:30AM., along with 3,000 of my cycling buddies, I will proudly take part in my 10 consectutive / 11th bike trek from San Francisco to Los Angeles. And as I ride those 545 miles, I will concentrate on the “kumbaka” of the breath and give thanks to all who have supported my efforts.
Many thanks to Fat Tire Beer, the San Francisco Police Officer’s Association, KFOG, Bella Cucina Catering, Soulcraft Bikes, American Cyclery, Mike’s Bikes, Sports Basement, MY #1 Fan, and all the individuals who made this possible. Without you, I wouldn’t have the opportunity to support the San Francisco AIDS Foundation.
See ya in a week – with lots of pictures and stories to tell (smile).
Wishing the best of all possible worlds,
Sunday, June 1, 2008
2600 Geneva Ave
Daly City, CA 94014
For complete information regarding Opening Ceremonies, please see the Let’s Ride document [5,089K, 20-page PDF]. Please read it as it will give you lots of tips and tricks to make Orientation Day, Opening Ceremonies and Closing Ceremonies go smoothly.
- Cyclists & Roadies must arrive at Opening Ceremonies by 5:00AM. Friends and family should arrive by 5:30AM to observe opening ceremonies and Ride Out. Spectator viewing for RIDE OUT will be available within the Cow Palace grounds as well as on Geneva Avenue.
Here’s Tony’s Top 6 things you can do in support of the AIDSLifecycle Event . ..
6. Order a pizza and have them deliver it to Pitstop 2 (cause I always stop at the Second Pit stop).
5. Call the Associate Director of AIDSLifecycle – San Francisco -Susan Parish, and tell her she rocks: 415- 581-7038 (doesn’t matter if the AIDSLifeCycle Event 2008 has pasted).
4. Send an email greeting to a random cyclist.
3. Open the window and yell out “go rider” (doesn’t matter if the AIDSLifeCycle 2008 event has pasted).
2. Get Your “cow bell,” start the car, find out our route, and come see the action . ..
1. An Invitation to Oprah Winfrey
- AIDS LifeCycle Route – Day 1
- AIDS LifeCycle Route – Day 2
- AIDS LifeCycle Route – Day 3
- AIDS LifeCycle Route – Day 4
- AIDS LifeCycle Route – Day 5
- AIDS LifeCycle Route – Day 6
- AIDS LifeCycle Route – Day 7