Yoga teacher, Tony Eason encourages the study of “sacred texts” and yoga books.
In the context of yoga, some of the primary articles would the The Yoga Sutras by Patanjali, the Bhagavad Gita and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
Yoga books can be dense and overwhelming, so it’s a good idea to find a translation that includes some commentary – to help shed light on the author’s meaning.
Yoga Books -Suggested Readings
- Iyengar Yoga – “The Intergrated And Holistic Path to Health“
- “Health, Healing & Beyond & the Living Tradition of Krishnamachary”
- “Yoga: A Gem for Women”
- “Light on Yoga”
- “Hatha Yoga Pradipika” by Swami Muktibodhananda
- “Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali”
- “Autobiography of a Yogi”
- “Light on Life”
- “Moving Toward Balance”
- The Bhagavad Gita