Iyengar yoga teacher, Tony Eason encourages yoga students to seek out instruction via the study of “sacred texts” or yoga books.
In the context of yoga, some of the primary books would the The Yoga Sutras by Patanjali, or the Bhagavad Gita.
Yoga books can be dense and overwhelming if you just dive right in, so it’s a good idea to find a translation that includes some commentary – to help shed light on the author’s meaning.
Yoga Books -Suggested Readings
- Iyengar Yoga – “The Intergrated And Holistic Path to Health“
- “Seventy Glorious Years”
- “Health, Healing & Beyond & the Living Tradition of K Krishnamachary”
- “Yoga: A Gem for Women”
- “Light on Yoga”
- “Hatha Yoga Pradipika” by Swami Muktibodhananda
- “Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali”
- “Autobiography of a Yogi”
- “Light on Life”
- “Moving Toward Balance”
Yoga – General Information:
- Add Me
- Alternative Health & Healing –
- SF Station
- DMOZ – Open Directory Project
- FunCheap – SF
- Coach Surfing