Yoga teacher, Tony Eason encourages the study of “sacred texts” and yoga books.
In the context of yoga, some of the primary readings and best seller books would be The Yoga Sutras by Patanjali, the Bhagavad Gita and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
Yoga writings can be dense and overwhelming, so it’s a good idea to find a translation that includes some commentary – to help shed light on the author’s meaning.
Suggested Yogic Textbooks:
- Iyengar Yoga – “The Intergrated And Holistic Path to Health“
- “Health, Healing & Beyond & the Living Tradition of Krishnamachary”
- “Yoga: A Gem for Women”
- “Light on Yoga”
- “Hatha Yoga Pradipika” by Swami Muktibodhananda
- “Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali”
- “Autobiography of a Yogi”
- “Light on Life”
- “Moving Toward Balance”
- The Bhagavad Gita
- The Healing
- The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying