A vast array of yoga studios & yoga styles reside in San Francisco. Whether you are searching for a Sivananda, Iyengar, Bikram, Asthanga, Flow, Heated, Prenatal and/or a Vinyasa yoga class , it can all be found in “The City by the Bay.” But the question is: “WHERE?”
To someone new to the S.F Yoga Scene, wondering the streets of San Francisco to random yoga studios, ashrams, temples, wellness centers and gyms can become unfulfilling & costly.
Finding the Best Studio for “YOU”
- Consider and your present physical needs & limitations.
- Take free classes in various Hatha styles: Ex. Iyengar, Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Yin, Power, Restorative, Ana Forrest
- Ask the yoga instructor about their training, accreditation & credentials.
- Ask the teacher’s advice about which yoga classes you should attend & what yoga studios, ashrams, or wellness centers you should visit.
- After taking a class, review how you felt before & after the class. Did you have a rapport with the yoga teacher?
- Do you like the yoga studio?
- Was the intensity level of the class about right for you?
- Did you feel calm in the wellness center?
16 Top Yoga Studios in San Francisco
- Iyengar Yoga Institute of San Francisco
- Laughing Lotus Yoga Center
- Integral Yoga Institute
- Sports Basement
- Satori Yoga Studio
- Bija Yoga
- Bay Club
- Sivananda Yoga Center
- International Yoga Centers Directory
- Yoga Mayu
- Yoga Society of San Francisco
- San Francisco Zen Center
- Fitness SF
- Crunch Fitness
- Active Sports Club