Menopause Yoga Sequence
Standing Asanas – Utthistha Sthiti
Sitting Asanas – Upavistha Sthiti.
- Baddha Konasana
- Upavistha Konasana
- Supta Baddha Konasana
- Baddha Konasana – against a Viparita Dandasana bench
- Upavistha Konasana – against a Viparita Dandasana bench.
Forward Extensions – Paschima Pratana Sthiti.
Backward Extensions – Viparita Sthiti and Purva Pratana Sthiti .
- Sirsasana – on the rope
- Viparita Dandasana
- Sarvangasana – on a chair•
- Supta Konasana
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
- Viparita Karani
Supine Asanas – Supta Sthiti
- ‘ The asanas mentioned here are sequenced in such a way that they bring a total effect on the practitioner. An effective result can be obtained only after practicing all of them. They are not contraindicating. If the sequence in which these asanas are practiced is changed then the effects differ. For example, if one starts with supine asanas , then the vital energy generated is not consumed which helps one to recover faster.’
- To learn the precautions and restorative asana variations, before practicing this menopause yoga sequence, please consult an Iyengar Yoga Teacher & “Gem for Women” by Geeta S. Iyengar.