Every web search is an expression of the human desires & interest. Imagine if you could search for terms used to describe / related to your business and use those targeted phrases within your website to serve the actual needs of possible clients… IMAGINE THAT!
Use keyword tools like the KWFinder, Keyword Explorer, Google Keyword Planner to identify keywords; run a “related search” to acquire words & synonyms used by internet searchers to find services or products similar to yours.
- Make a list of your Potential Client Base / Audience | Who would use your products or services?
- Make a list of words or phrases used by your Client Base to describe your products or services? |
- Make a list of the keywords, terms and phrases, that best describe your website. Website services, products & content. -What is your website about?”
- Overlap the “searcher’s intent” [what users want] with the “website content.”
Short Keywords vs Long Keywords
Long tail keywords are a keyword phrase of at least three to five words in the phrase. These keywords are highly specific, and draw less traffic for the website, but tend to draw more quality traffic, which leads in more conversions than “short tail”l keywords.
Short-Tail Keywords are a keyword phrase of 11-15 characters . have more competition and usually generate lower click through rates than Long-Tail Keywords.
The title and description tags are the first thing a web user sees when browsing a list of possible web pages in the SERPS.
- Title tag:
- Insert the web page’s “headlines.”
- Add targeted keyword to title content. Most search engines use a maximum of 60 chars for the title tag.
- Description tag:
- Insert the web page’s “advertising copy. “
- Via search engine result pages (SERPs), internet users can read a bit about your product or service.
- Increases user click-through rate.
- Headings: Use a <H1> heading tag which includes keywords that are relevant to your website. The <h1> tag signals the search engines as to the topic of the webpage.
- Content: Write “original content.”
- Include target keywords.
- Each web page must possess own targeted keywords
- Keyword density should equal 2 – 3% of page content per webpage.
- Internal linking: A link on a web page that links to another web page on the same site or domain.
- Internal links assist in navigating search engines crawlers through your site architecture.
- Use Targeted Keywords within Anchor Text.
- Use the ALT attribute for your images & use keywords as the alt attributes.
- Slug: Customize each webpage address / url.
- Use targeted keywords in each webpages custom url.
- Each Url address must be unique.
- Each Url address must possess target keywords.
- Remove all stop words.
Keyword Optimization Strategies:
- On Page SEO Recipe
- On Page SEO Checklist
- Beginner’s Guide to Keyword Research
- Head vs Long-Tail Keywords
- Return to SEO – Search Engine Optimization Homepage
- Contact SEO Consultant, Tony Eason