” There is a lack of diversity within the San Francisco yoga studios. Within my 25 years of yoga practice, I have never attended nor taught a yoga class where there were more than 3 African American Yoga Students in attendance. Therefore, I have chosen to halt the disconnect between the African American community & Yoga.” – yoga teacher, tony eason
- The following Afro American Yoga Teachers & Wellness Practitioners are posted on ynottony.com as a public service to the San Francisco Bay Area community.
- For detailed class description, yoga class schedule changes, or detailed yoga teacher biography, please contact each individual directly.
Bay Area Yoga Teachers of Color:
Yoga for Afro American Issues:
- Black Yoga Teachers | Online
- Yoga for High Blood Pressure
- Health Benefits of Yoga for African American Women
- Yoga and Black Men
- Black Yoga Teachers Reaching Out to the Community
- San Francisco Bay View
- Ananda Leeke – Author & Yoga Teacher
- Anasa Yoga
- Afro American Yoga Teacher, Bobbe Norisse