An Invitation to Oprah Winfrey
In support of the San Francisco AIDS Foundation, 19 times I have biked 7 days, 575 miles, from San Francisco to Los Angeles in a cycling charity event called AIDSLifecycle.
Each Year, the locals of Montecito – Santa Barbara gather and create their own “Paradise Pit Stop” for the approx. 2,000 AIDSLifecycle Cyclist & 400 Volunteer Crew members. There you can find: chocolate bars, organic strawberries, vegan ice cream, corn dogs, Twinkies, coco cola, massages, and then some.. … ALL YOU CAN EAT …GRATIS!
Years ago (as I ate my strawberries and homemade ice cream), I asked several Montecito residents: “Where is Oprah?”
1. “She is not here. ”
2. “That’s a funny question. . . . .”
3. “Can I be in the Oprah Magazine?”
4. ” Oprah can be found shopping in the local Montecito Von’s.”
5. “Who’s Oprah?”
6. “Great Idea!”
As I left the “Paradise Pit” in Montecito, I thought: “Let’s ask Oprah to join forces with the AIDS/Lifecycle Event [ benefiting the The San Francisco AIDS Foundation @ The Los Angeles LGBT Center].
The Oprah Winfrey Network focus on encouraging people around the world to live their “Own Best Life” while simultaneously making a difference in the lives of underprivileged others.
Through Oprah’s involvement with the Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa, the tiny town of Williamson, West Virginia, LifeClass, and the “A Secret Sex World: Living on the Downlow” tv segment, she has both removed stigmas & flattened ignorance associated with the AIDS Pandemic.
In June 2017, I, Tony Eason, (and 2,500 of my best friends) will cycle 545 miles from San Francisco to Los Angeles in the fight against the AIDS Pandemic. And as we ride past the home of Oprah Winfrey, I invite the O.W.N to participate (in any way that they can).
The presence of Oprah would not only fuel the hearts of the 2,500 cycling philanthropists & 400 volunteer crew members – it would present a platform to continue promoting self empowerment; flattening ignorance; and providing education as a prominent African American Woman in the Montecito / Santa Barbara Community.
- The best way to teach is by example.
- You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.
- I’m doing the right thing.
Oprah Winfrey Update:
“After over 15 years of dedication to the #Whereisoprah campaign; I have received no response from Oprah Winfrey nor The Oprah Winfrey Network. Therefore, today; I am closing this chapter of my life.
- I thank all 500 of you who emailed “O Magazine” images.
- I thank all 200 of you who mailed letter’s to the Oprah Winfrey Show
- I thank all 1.000 plus YouTube Viewers for the tremendous online support
- I thank all of you twitters, financial supporters, forum members, media & press, and friends & family for continuously supporting my endeavor. – tony eason