On Sunday, I attended the San Francisco AIDSLifeCycle Kickoff Party.
It’s such a wonderful thing to see the return cyclists- It gives me strength – It reconfirms that I’m not alone in my endeavor – And, it signifies “community.”
Since 1994, I have experienced life long changes within: my way of thought, my desires, and my circle of friends and family. I have broken the metatarsals of the right foot, the clavicle, the left fibia, the right tibia, and the right hand ring finger .. I’ve witnessed fellow cyclist: lose their place of residency, spend their last dime on a clif bar, dress in drag for sponsorships, overcome breast cancer, get on the wagon, and even train without a bike. Yet, through perserverence and discipline, we keep coming back. . . Elvis “really is” in the building . . .
View AIDSLifeCycle in a larger map
After leaving the Nikko Hotel. I went down to “The Mix” for a celebratory Fat Tire Beer. And as I set there, I noticed a blue and white folder. And then, I spoke with 1st Yr. Cyclist, Rider #4427 – Jeffrey.
Looking in the eyes of Jeffrey, I could see the seed of a dream. And as we know – it’s the seed of a dream that makes beautiful gardens grow.
And when asked “why are you doing the ride?”
Jeffrey said, “to improve the quality of life for all!”
Yes, another wonderful day it way . ..
See ya on the road . .
Come out and ride . . .
- New – San Francisco speaks about AIDSLifecycle
- An Invitation to Oprah Winfrey
- Iyengar yoga Teacher cycles 575 miles – AIDSLifecycle 2009
- Ivengar Yoga Teacher cycles 575 miles – AIDSLifecycle 2008
- Ivengar Yoga Teacher cycles 575 miles – AIDSLifecycle 2007
- Ivengar Yoga Teacher cycles 575 miles – AIDSLifecycle 2006
- Ivengar Yoga Teacher cycles 575 miles – AIDSLifecycle 2005