From Bianchi to Salsa to Soulcraft.
From 1 mile to 127 miles to 575 miles to 6325 miles to well over 32, 725 miles.
From Start to Finish to Mike’s Bikes to Sport Basement & American Cyclery.
From my first yoga class, to becoming a yoga teacher.
Who would have ever thought that “a bike” would bring me onto such a positive & life changing path?
On 01 January 1994, I realized that there was more to life than: guzzling an expensive bottle of Robert Mondavi Chardonnay, being the belle of the ball, speaking of what others need to work on, and/or sitting daily on the same coach (in self pity). So, I bought a 10 year old Bianchi Road Bike. And I began a 6-month intense cycling training for a cycling event called the California AIDS Ride #2.
In May of 1994, I left San Francisco with $3.00 in my pocket, no idea of how I was going to return, a questionable bike, the fear of failure, and began to cycle (along with 1500 other cyclist) toward West Hollywood. Seven days, 575 miles later, I arrived in West Hollywood. At which point, I realized it is possible to step outside of your normal routine. I realized it is possible to empower yourself while assisting others. I realized that I wasn’t alone in my ideas of creating a better world. And I realized that miracles could occur (after all, I made it back home with $3.00 in my pocket).
View AIDSLifeCycle in a larger map
Since 1994, my friends have supported my endeavors to create my “best life;” my family has met me at each & every finish line; Suzanne Africa Engo has proved that I’m not the only crazy one, and I have learned that I can assist in relieving the suffering of others while simultaneously empowering myself. And for these experiences and empowerment’s – I am very thankful.
Therefore, in June 2010, for my 13th Year, I will participate in an event to benefit the S.F. AIDS Foundation called AIDSLifeCycle. Each year, I raise my $3,000.00 minimum to participate & cycle 575 miles (from S.F to L.A, CA.). And, I complete the ride knowing I did the right thing.
AIDSLifeCycle is a fully supported, 7-day bike event from San Francisco to Los Angeles, 06 June – 12, 2009.
It?s a life-changing ride (not a race) through some of California’s most beautiful countryside. AIDSLifeCycle is co-produced by the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center & the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and is designed to advance their shared interest to end the AIDS pandemic.
So remember, it does not matter:
Where you came from …
What obstacles are in your way ….
What others may think of you …
Why you think it would never work ……
Or why you want to start tomorrow …….
It only matters what you do.
So do what you can do ….
After all, “World History is a reflection of the actions, thoughts, and words of Human Beings.”
1. Show your support by taking a picture of you with the invitation /or/ with a “O Magazine” & posting it on my Face Book Wall:
2. I’ll post your support on my Oprah Winfrey Flickr Photo Page
Love to you, tony eason
- Fat Tire Beer Bust Fund raising Party – 2005
- Fat Tire Beer Bust Charity Fund raising Party – 2006
- Fat Tire Beer Bust Charity Fund raising Party – 2007
- Fat Tire Beer Bust Charity Fund raising Party – 2008
- Fat Tire Beer Bust – 2009
- Tour De Fat – San Francisco – 2007
- New – San Francisco speaks about AIDSLifecycle
- An Invitation to the Oprah Winfrey Network
- Iyengar yoga Teacher cycles 575 miles – AIDSLifecycle 2009
- Ivengar Yoga Teacher cycles 575 miles – AIDSLifecycle 2008
- Ivengar Yoga Teacher cycles 575 miles – AIDSLifecycle 2007
- Ivengar Yoga Teacher cycles 575 miles – AIDSLifecycle 2006
- Ivengar Yoga Teacher cycles 575 miles – AIDSLifecycle 2005